7/25/2015

Weekly Wrap: July 25th, 2015

Inspired by Kathy and Kelly's Weekly Obsessions and Kay's Bookish Report, this is where I catch you up on things from around the blogosphere that caught my eye over the past week.

I missed last week because I was halfway across the country with limited internet, so this is kind of a double dose of wrap up! Although I'll admit I'm behind on a few things, especially posts from other bloggers, so I'll try to catch up on those for next week!

Covers




The Nameless City by Faith Erin Hicks


Curio by Evangeline Denmark


Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys


The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller


The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter


The May Queen Murders by Sarah Jude


Return Once More by Trisha Leigh

Around the Blogosphere

Book Riot wrote a great post about fat phobia in YA and how publishing can work to combat it within the books the industry puts out as well as in how they market those books.

Book Bub put together a list of books to read if you enjoyed Gone Girl. There's a great YA featured on that list too, by none other than the wonderful Paula Stokes!

Aimee from The Social Potato made some gorgeous graphics for ACOTAR and ADSOM and I loooove the ADSOM one! Go check them out!

Variety shared the news that Disney is developing a movie based on Julie Murphy's upcoming release, Dumplin! Learn more here.

Publishers Weekly put out their Spring 2016 Children's preview and there are quite a few books on there that I am super intrigued by. Go forth and let your TBR multiply!

New Book Deals

Anchor & Sophia trilogy by Tommy Wallach

 By Your Side by Kasie West

 Hearts Made of Black by Stephanie Garber

 I See London, I See France by Sarah Mlynowski

 Roar by Cora Carmack

 The Art of Starving by Sam Miller

 Wing Jones by Katherine Webber

Song of the Week

Song of the Week is where I try to pick a song I was listening to a lot over the past week, unless I was boring, in which case I just pick one I love! This week's is by an English band I really love and I've been listening to their first full-length album a lot lately.


What's new in your corner of the book world this week? Did I miss anything that you're really excited about? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love sounds so good! And there's a new Faith Erin Hicks book. YAY!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!