7/07/2015

Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read


Top Ten Tuesday is run by The Broke and the Bookish.


The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
Despite having read almost all of JG's other books, the premise of this one just didn't do anything for me. I don't gravitate towards sad books in general, so I just never really bothered with it. My feelings are overwhelmingly "meh".

Cassandra Clare (City of Bones and its infinite sequels/spinoffs)
Basically a combined lack of no interest plus the overwhelming number of books I'd have to read if I got into these series meant that I just never bothered and still don't plan to.

The Host by Stephanie Meyer
I do actually own this one and everyone seems to think it was better than Twilight. I haven't seen the movie yet either, but both are on my "eventually" list.

Rainbow Rowell (Eleanor & Park, Fangirl, etc etc)
I own her two YA so far but these are more that I just kind of keep putting off. I'm not especially drawn to them but maybe one day I'll pick them up.

The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
Fey and I don't often get along - it takes a really unique, exciting, or exceptional fey book to keep me interested, and I just don't think I could handle an entire series about them.


Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
Ehhh I don't want to talk about this one but it fits the list criteria. I just haven't read it for specific reasons and don't plan to.

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
I read one of Asher's other books, The Future of Us, and it didn't do a ton for me so I never bothered continuing with his books, despite the talk surrounding this one.

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Another overwhelming case of "meh." I was just never drawn in by the idea of this one and I don't expect that to change any time soon.

Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries series
I have read other Meg Cabot - I want to get that out before you all jump at me. I just never actually started the Princess Diaries at the age I should have and so the whole thing just kind of passed me by. And now, at this point, the idea of taking on the entire series is a liiiittle overwhelming.

Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass series, ACOTAR)
This one IS CHANGING. I promise! I own the three Throne of Glass books as well as the bind up of novellas (which I've actually just started) and I'm taking part in Bloomsbury's readalong that started this week counting down to Queen of Shadows. These are perhaps the only books on this list that I actually seriously intend to read within a reasonable time frame (because who knows when I'll read The Host and Rainbow Rowell), so yay for SJ Maas!

2 comments:

  1. There are a lot of these I haven't read also! The ones i have read are great though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFioS was an okay read for me, but I didn't ball my eyes out like others (I liked the movie more)
    City of bones was okay, but I stopped at the third book because that's where it should have ended.

    13 reasons why is a good book for the message that it has.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!