7/21/2015

Top Ten Diverse Books


Top Ten Tuesday is created and run by The Broke and the Bookish.

This topic lends itself well to a post I'm working on about diverse books, so it was great to look through my shelves and find some diverse books I'm happy to recommend.

I'm going to divide them up by kind of diversity instead of ranking them like I usually do with Top Ten Tuesday posts.

People of Colour



Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Like No Other by Una Lamarche

LGBTQIA



Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
Freakboy by Kristin Elizabeth Clark
Alex As Well by Alyssa Brugman

Both (intersectional diversity FTW)



Under the Lights by Dahlia Adler
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley


Neurological diversity


OCD Love Story by Corey Ann Haydu


Bonus! 


Three diverse books that I have seriously heard nothing but great things about and which are on my immediate TBR:


Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio

What are your diverse recs?

1 comment:

  1. Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda and More Happy Than Not are great! Though one is happy and the other is sad, aha. I have yet to read None of the Above, and Under a Painted Sky! OCD Love Story sounds interesting though! I have yet to read about a MC with OCD that's accurately portrayed!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!