4/23/2014

Waiting on Wednesday #65: Dead to Me by Mary McCoy





Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is where you showcase an upcoming release you're anxiously awaiting!

This week, I'm waiting on:
Dead to Me by Mary McCoy.

Expected Publication: February 2015.
by: Disney-Hyperion.

Goodreads Synopsis:
A YA mystery set in the glamorous, treacherous world of 1940s Hollywood.

"Don't believe anything they say."

Those were the last words that Annie spoke to Alice before turning her back on their family and vanishing without a trace. Alice spent four years waiting and wondering when the impossibly glamorous sister she idolized would return to her - and what their Hollywood-insider parents had done to drive her away.

When Annie does turn up, the blond, broken stranger lying in a coma has no answers for her. But Alice isn’t a kid anymore, and this time she won’t let anything stand between her and the truth, no matter how ugly.

The search for those who beat Annie and left her for dead leads Alice into a treacherous world of tough-talking private eyes, psychopathic movie stars, and troubled starlets — and onto the trail of a young runaway who is the sole witness to an unspeakable crime. What this girl knows could shut down a criminal syndicate and put Annie’s attacker behind bars — if Alice can find her first. And she isn’t the only one looking...

Evoking classic film noir, debut novelist Mary McCoy brings the dangerous glamour of Hollywood’s Golden Age to life, where the most decadent parties can be the deadliest, and no drive into the sunset can erase the crimes of past.


Why I'm excited:
Um, if you really need me to explain, you clearly haven't read that synopsis. Golden Age 1940s Hollywood. Murder. Mystery. "Psychopathic movie stars, and troubled starlets"!!! Holy. Smokes. You. Guys. I had a desperate need for this book from the moment I read what it was about and then they released that cover and I was a goner. I wonder... if I send Disney a love letter, do you think they'll whip up an ARC for me?

What are you waiting on this week?

8 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! Thanks for introducing me to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I love how different the cover is. Also Hollywood in the 1940s? Sold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing! Can't wait to check this one out... thanks for sharing, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, it's set in the 40's, sounds good to me. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god.

    This book seems wonderful! (: I adore film noir and historical novels, so my excitement for this one is through the roof. Great pick! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this book features film noir!?! I'm totally sold on this! Adding to my TBR right after this comment. =D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!