1/10/2014

2014 LGBT Challenge

I love taking part in reading challenges because they help give me goals to work towards and it's always fun and satisfying meeting them. This is the first of three challenges I'm going to try to take part in this year.


The 2014 LGBT Challenge, hosted by Fighting Dreamer, is one that I'm not only really excited to join but also very confident that I can complete. All the guidelines and FAQs and whatnot are over at the sign-up page, but the gist of it is that you have to read and review at least 3 books with LGBT content this year. There are also going to be some discussion posts going up in conjunction with this challenge, which I'm excited to take on.

Here are some of the books that qualify that I hope to read this year:
2014 releases:
Shadowplay by Laura Lam (Pantomime #2).
Far From You by Tess Sharpe.
The Summer I Wasn't Me by Jessica Verdi.

Coverless:
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley.
Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis.

Older releases:
The Miseducation of Cameron Post by emily m. danforth.
Proxy by Alex London.
She Loves You, She Loves You Not by Julie Anne Peters.

Am I missing any big ones? I read a few LGBT novels last year, like More Than This by Patrick Ness, Freakboy by Kristin Elizabeth Clark, Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan and If You Could Be Mine by Sara Farizan, to name a few, but I'm sure I'm still missing some great ones. Let me know, and maybe join the challenge yourself!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the challenge, Jessica! You have some awesome books on your list. I have the Pantomime series and The Miseducation of Cameron Post on my tbr too. And Proxy! I really loved that one :)
    Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for running it! I'm so excited to take part. I'm definitely looking forward to those ones. I really enjoyed Pantomime so I'm very curious to see what's next. Plus I've heard fantastic things about Cameron Post and Proxy.
      Thank you! You too :)

      Delete
  2. THE SUMMER I WASN'T ME and FAR FROM YOU are both so good; can't wait for you to read them! I also rec ARISTOTLE AND DANTE DISCOVER THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE and LUNA, if you haven't read them yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am crazy excited for those first two. They sound so fantastic. I saw you mention as well that Jessica Verdi created an awesome f/f ship, which I can't wait for! I'll definitely look up Aristotle and Dante as well as Luna... I think I've heard of the first but I forgot about it when I was making my list. Thank you!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think!