1/12/2014

2014 Debut Author Challenge

The final challenge I'm going to work towards this year is one I took part in last year as well: the Debut Author Challenge.


Hosted by The Story Siren this year, the Debut Author Challenge covers YA, MG, and NA and the only objective is to read at least twelve 2014 debuts ("debuts" as in first published in the US in 2014). I really love finding debut authors so this one is a lot of fun and leads to some great reads.

Some of the debuts I'm hoping to read this year for the challenge:
YA:

Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman.
Sekret by Lindsay Smith.
A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller.


Landry Park by Bethany Hagen.
Nil by Lynne Matson.
The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu.


The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel.
Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy.
The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare by M.G. Buehrlen.


A Death-Struck Year by Makiia Lucier.
Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne.
Far From You by Tess Sharpe.


The Falconer by Elizabeth May (Technically a debut since it first comes out in the US in '14).
Falls the Shadow by Stefanie Gaither.
Trust Me, I'm Lying by Mary Elizabeth Summer.


Conversion by Katherine Howe.
Behind the Scenes by Dahlia Adler.
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton.

Coverless:
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley. (Counts for all 3 of my challenges this year! Awesome!)
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch.
Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis.
Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis.
Anomaly by Caroline Tung Richmond.

Also, I've already read this one but recommend it as a great choice for anyone else working on this challenge:
The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes.

MG:
All Four Stars by Tara Dairman.

Coverless:
Hook's Revenge by Heidi Schulz.

Clearly I need more MG debuts. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting these! I was in search of some books to read for the challenge as well. This is my first time participating, and it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love to spread the word about books I'm excited for, so hopefully this gave you some to look forward to that fit the challenge! It definitely is a fun one to work on. Good luck! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for including BtS! ALL FOUR STARS is actually the only MG debut I've read so far, but I'm definitely looking forward to WHEN AUDREY MET ALICE by Rebecca Behrens and THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN WITCHES by Lauren Magaziner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but of course! I can't wait to get my hands on it!
      You're so handy to know, Dahlia. Thank you so much for the MG recs! I'll go check those out for sure.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness... you've listed SO MANY I want to read! :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really are a bunch there, aren't there? Debuts are looking mighty fine this year, that's for sure! Also, you clearly have excellent taste ;)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think!