10/09/2013

Waiting on Wednesday #41: Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is where you showcase an upcoming release you're anxiously awaiting!

This week, I'm waiting on:
Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott.

Expected Publication: February 25, 2014
by: Scholastic Press.

Goodreads Blurb:
A modern day thrill ride, where a teen girl and her animal companion must participate in a breathtaking race to save her brother's life—and her own. 

Tella Holloway is losing it. Her brother is sick, and when a dozen doctors can't determine what's wrong, her parents decide to move to the middle of nowhere for the fresh air. She's lost her friends, her parents are driving her crazy, her brother is dying—and she's helpless to change anything.

Until she receives mysterious instructions on how to become a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed. It's an epic race across jungle, desert, ocean, and mountain that could win her the prize she desperately desires: the Cure for her brother's illness. But all the Contenders are after the Cure for people they love, and there's no guarantee that Tella (or any of them) will survive the race.

The jungle is terrifying, the clock is ticking, and Tella knows she can't trust the allies she makes. And one big question emerges: Why have so many fallen sick in the first place?

Victoria Scott's breathtaking novel grabs readers by the throat and doesn't let go.


Why I'm excited:
This one sounds so flipping exciting! I can't wait to read all about the "epic race," the Brimstone Bleed. I am fully expecting to be shocked and wowed and pumped up by this one!

What are you waiting on this week?

6 comments:

  1. I need to read some of her books! People love em!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they do! The Collector ones don't seem like my type but this one sounds awesome!

      Delete
  2. For some reason, I dig the cover. It's not what I normally go for, but I like it. Sounds like it might be an emotional read, but I like the race concept. Good pick!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't really sound like what I'd usually go for either, but some strange combination of the cover and the race and all that makes it super appealing!

      Delete
  3. I agree! This one sounds great! Will definitley look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't like The Collector but this one looks way different. Love the sound of it. Another book to look forward to! Thanks for getting it under my radar.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!