8/06/2013

Spend My Money For Me!

I need your help!

With summer work almost over, tuition coming due and textbooks soon to buy, my YA pocket money is dwindling. All of the following books are on my wishlist, but I just can't buy them all (no matter how much I want to). So I'm asking for your opinions: Which of these books should I prioritize to buy, read, and review, and why?

Starling by Lesley Livingston
Published by HarperTeen

Why is it on my wishlist?
I love books about mythology and have been craving some good Norse stories. The sequel to this one is coming out soon too, so I wouldn't have to wait too long to read it.








The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Published by Disney Hyperion

Why is it on my wishlist?
It seems like this one kind of crept up on everyone and isn't one of those big books that everyone is talking about, but the people that do talk about it seem to always be raving, which has me very curious. This is also another one that has a sequel coming out this year, so it's tempting.




Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
Published by Delacorte

Why is it on my wishlist?
This is a new release and though I haven't heard a ton yet, I absolutely love the idea of it and I'm always up for a Beauty and the Beast retelling! It seems like there could be a lot to love with this one, so it's hard to say no.





Bruised by Sarah Skilton
Published by Amulet

Why is it on my wishlist?
This one came out earlier this year and like The Darkest Minds doesn't seem to have received a ton of attention, but the people I have heard talking about it have absolutely loved it. I also read a bit of the first page and immediately was interested, so this definitely wouldn't be a bad choice. 






The Program by Suzanne Young
Published by Simon Pulse

Why is it on my wishlist?
A lot (a lot) of people were loving this one and it really sounds like the kind of book I would love. Plus Suzanne is just a fabulous person and so nice and I want to support her. 











So what do you think? Have you read and loved any of these? Any that you think would be a perfect fit for me? I need help picking!

8 comments:

  1. Starling and The Darkest Minds sound awesome! Also my mom just finished Of Beast and Beauty and LOVED it. My mom has great taste, if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read and loved The Darkest Minds but Of Beast an Beauty is also on my to-read list so I'm not sure what to recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Darkest Minds!!!! It's probably one of my all time favorite books!!! Seriously it is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Program!! One of my favorite reads of this year!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Either The Darkest Minds, Of Beast and Beauty, or Bruised! Um, sorry for not really narrowing it down much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these but Starling and Of Beast and Beauty are high on my own list if that helps, which it probably doesn't lol. There's this secret little part of me that hopes the Ontario Blog Squad will be able to wrangle Lesley Livingston into coming to the meetup in November. She lives in Toronto, it could happen, right? ;-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Darkest Minds! I have heard good things about it and I would love your opinion so I can finally make the jump to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of Beast and Beauty! Retellings, Stacey Jay... nuff said ;)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!