12/03/2012

The 2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge

So after building a new bookshelf this weekend for my overflowing pile of books, I started to fill it up and discovered that I have a ton of books I haven't read yet! Because of this, I have decided to take part in my first ever reading challenge:

The 2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge!


This one has 6 hosts for the year:

Evie @Bookish (www.evie-bookish.blogspot.com)
Rachel @Fiktshun (http://www.fiktshun.com)
Justin @Justin's Book Blog (http://www.justinsbookblog.com/)
Tiffany @Escaping.. One Book At A Time (http://escapingonebookatatime.blogspot.com/)
Bonnie @Words At Home (www.wordsathome.ca/)
Emily @Doodle's Book Blog (doodlesbookblog.blogspot.com/


The rules for this challenge are pretty simple:
Runs from January 1st through December 31st.
Read books that you own and are from 2012 or earlier!

These are the levels one can aim for:

Levels:
(how many books you're planning to read for this challenge in 2013)
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children


I'm going to start with A Sweet Kiss (21-30 books) and see how that goes. Maybe I'll add more if time permits!

Some of the books I'm going to try to read:
~ Grave Mercy
~ Defiance
~ Across the Universe
~ Blood Red Road
~ The Selection
~ Glitch
~ Variant
~ Divergent
~ Insurgent
~ Cinder
~ The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
~ The Way We Fall
~ Debutantes
~ Possession
~ Wake
~ The Innocents
~ Soul Meaning

I know, I know, I'm way behind. Hence this challenge! That's just a start; I'll be adding more as I go along and as I organize my shelves! Wish me luck in my first reading challenge on the blog... We'll see how it goes! 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, you have so many great books on your list! I hope you have fun reading them! I'm pretty sure you will though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daniela! There are a lot here that I have been dying to read since I got them but things have gotten in the way. I'm finally making them a priority and I'm really excited for it! I think I'll enjoy them too... fingers crossed! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think!