12/12/2012

Letter to Santa - WinterHaven Sleigh Tour


Today I'm excited to join the WinterHaven Sleigh Tour  hosted by WinterHaven Books once again! This week, I am writing Santa a letter for my book wish that I hope to receive this season. To see who else has written to Santa, go to WinterHaven Sleigh Tour for a list of participating blogs.

I really wanted to have one of my favourite Christmas videos play here, but it's restricted for play on certain sites (aka it'll only play on Youtube; I can't embed it here), so promise me you'll click the link and go watch it? Just imagine it's right here :) It's only about 5 minutes long, I'll wait 'til you're back! It's worth it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD5pqOsW1PU

Wasn't that worthwhile? :)

Now, for my letter:

Dear Santa,

I, like Larry the Cucumber, have been very good this year. Sometimes it was hard: I've refrained from yelling at my little brother! And sometimes, not so hard: I've shared my books with other book lovers. So in the spirit of Christmas wishes, I have one little request.
Under my Christmas tree this year, I would like to find...

The Diviners by Libba Bray! 
I have heard so many amazing things about this novel. Fellow book bloggers have been singing its praises, just as we're all told you sing Rudolph's. Even more enthusiastically, actually! Clearly, this is a great book. It's also set in the '20s, which fascinate me. I'm sure you know, Santa, that they were an exciting time! 
This book appeals to me so, but I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet! This is why it is my Christmas book wish, Santa. 
I'll leave out extra milk and cookies if you promise me I'll be able to start reading this on Boxing Day! 

Love, 
Jessica

So that's my Christmas book wish! What's on your list this year? If you let me know in the comments, WinterHaven Books might just grant your wish! Good luck and Happy Holidays everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I've heard awesome things about The Diviners!! Hope you find it in your stocking:))

    I'd love Clockwork Princess:)

    ccfioriole at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping it lives up to all the excitement :) You picked one that sounds good too. Good luck! :)

      Delete
  2. I have heard amazing things about The Diviners! I still need to read that one too. Hopefully you get it for Christmas! I'm hoping for Through the Ever Night! :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping it's everything I've heard it is :) Through the Ever Night sounds like a great one! Good luck and Happy Holidays to you too :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think!